How to build a subdivision in arcgis pro?

Jump to solution
06-04-2020 10:09 AM
Labels (2)
DianeBaker
New Contributor III

Maybe I've missed it but I have not found any good videos demonstrating the process of a new subdivision in arcgis pro.  I have figure out how to traverse a single lot but can't seem to figure out how to traverse an entire subdivision.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Hi Diane,

There is a new Training Seminar available that shows creation of a subdivision from scratch (demo 3):

Managing Parcels with ArcGIS Pro

-Tim

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

haven't seen anything specific to your case, but you can see what is available here

https://www.esri.com/training/catalog/search/  use " parcel fabric " as the search phrase

Then there is the esri youtube channel

YouTube 

... sort of retired...
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Diane - I don't know if there are any videos available for this, but I've found the best workflow for a new subdivision to be to use the traverse to create the outer boundary of the subdivision, then use the standard editing tools (create feature, constraints, digitize + enter COGO info in the attribute table) to create all the interior lot lines. Once this is done, you can create seeds and build parcels (just make sure you have show only active set when you do this or you end up with undesired results - I found I was getting "pieces" of parcels and it was because of how the lines I created were intersecting the underlying fabric). Hopefully this workflow makes sense!   

TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Hi Diane,

There is a new Training Seminar available that shows creation of a subdivision from scratch (demo 3):

Managing Parcels with ArcGIS Pro

-Tim

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This was a greate seminar, Tim - particularly your demo in module 3. Thanks for sharing! 

0 Kudos
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the feedback, Sarah! Glad to hear it was useful.

0 Kudos