shapefile

06-03-2020 03:05 PM
JulienHaccoun
New Contributor

Hello,

is a shapefile available for download for each Map Image Layer?

I have trouble to find the one for this one:

https://jhaccoun.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=21127a4bac744997b257b6f2aea1a2bb 

Is it available?

Thank you for your help,

Julien 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Julien,

I'm afraid I don't understand your question.  The link you give above is link for some Portal item, but I can't see what it is as you need a username and password to access it.

If you can explain what you are trying to achieve then I will try to help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JulienHaccoun
New Contributor

Hello Mark,

Thank you for answering.

On the link below, if can click on Download -> Shapefile.

Florida Demographic Information 

There you download a .shp file, which you can after turn into a FeatureLayer.

I was wondering if all ArcGis map could be downloaded as a shapefile.

The link I gave in my 1st post is concerning a Map Image Layer. And in this case, I did not see an option to download as a shapefile. So I wondered :

Is a shapefile available for download for each Map Image Layer?

And for my specific case, is a shapefile available for download?

I hope I have been more clear.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Julien,

The availability of shapefiles for download for datasets really depends on if the data creator made one available.  In the case of the Florida data you supplied the data owner has specifically made these available for download.

Are you trying to make an app to display data from an online source when you don't have any network connectivity (an offline app)?  If you are then offline webmap might be something you should consider.  These allow you to take the map offline, view and potentially edit it.  When you have network connectivity you can sync the changes back to the original dataset.  This document introducing the subject.

Does this help at all?  

If you need any more guidance its best if you explain what you are trying to achieve and the workflows you are trying to implement.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
JulienHaccoun
New Contributor

Hi Mark,

I do not necessarily need an offline app. This issue I have for this specific case ( https://jhaccoun.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=21127a4bac744997b257b6f2aea1a2bb)

is that there are no elements or popup that give any information when you click on them.

Identify Layer Result List Elements Size : 0
Identify Layer Result List Popups Size : 0

While there should be since they are available online.

See here ( Trouble to access contents of a feature  ) 

So for some maps, there is no list Elements. As said by Gayle Young, "[this] data you see in the ArcGISOnline Popup may be configured specifically for that application and may not be part of the service data."

This is why I am looking for a different option like shapefile, hoping I could have access to these popups/elements.

0 Kudos
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

Julien,

If no popup information is defined for a layer then you can always just do a straight identify operation and read the attributes.  You should be able to get an identify result back for feature layers, shapefiles, even raster cell values now.

Mark

0 Kudos