BufferGeodetic is not displayed on Windows7

06-03-2020 05:38 AM
AnatBen_Israel
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using the SDK for Qt - C++ 100.7.

I have to display a simple circle on the map that work perfect on Windows10, but doesn't display on Windows7.

Everything else (so far...) works fine on both operating systems (Polygons, pictures, text labels etc.).

These are the lines for creating the circle:

m_pRoiGraphic = new Graphic(this);
m_roiCircle = new SimpleLineSymbol(SimpleLineSymbolStyle::Solid, QColor(Qt::yellow), 2, this);
m_roiCircleSym = new SimpleFillSymbol(SimpleFillSymbolStyle::Solid, Qt::transparent, m_roiCircle, this);
m_pGraphicsOverlays->at(OVERLAY_ROI)->setRenderer(new SimpleRenderer(m_roiCircleSym));
m_pGraphicsOverlays->at(OVERLAY_ROI)->graphics()->append(m_pRoiGraphic);
m_poly = GeometryEngine::bufferGeodetic(point, radius, LinearUnit::meters(), 0.5, GeodeticCurveType::Geodesic);
m_pRoiGraphic->setGeometry(m_poly);
Any idea??
Thanks
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Anat Ben Israel,

The current version (100.8, released May 2020) does not support Windows 7:

System requirements for 100.8.0—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers 

The same might be true for the previous version 100.7 (released December 2019), knowing that Microsoft has ended extended support for Windows 7 on January 14, 2020.

Maybe time to upgrade your OS 🙂

BR,

Egge-Jan

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Yes, unfortunately our options are limited here. One last thing to try is to make sure to update all of your graphics and video drivers to the latest. Sometimes that'll solve these types of issues.

0 Kudos
AnatBen_Israel
New Contributor II

Hi,

I know Win7 is not suopported... I was hoping someone has seen this and maybe has a workaround or something...

Can you explain what it means to update the graphics and video drivers? and how do I do it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

Go to Start > type "Device Manager" > select Device Manager > Go to Display Adaptors section and expand > Double click each item here > Go to Driver Tab > Select Update Driver

0 Kudos
AnatBen_Israel
New Contributor II

Hi, I've tried updating the drivers. Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem...

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

The last idea I have is to try using ANGLE rendering instead of OpenGL. By default, we try to use OpenGL on Windows, but we also support ANGLE, which translates OpenGL calls to Direct3D. Sometimes we see things work or not work depending on whether it is OpenGL or ANGLE. If it works, then I'd suggest just using ANGLE instead. If not, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

You can force ANGLE by adding the following near the top of your main.cpp

QCoreApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_UseOpenGLES);

Alternatively, you can set the "QT_OPENGL" environment variable to "angle"

0 Kudos
AnatBen_Israel
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot!! I'll try.

0 Kudos