ArcGIS Pro loses my ArcGIS Server connection

06-02-2020 12:46 PM
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Every time I close ArcGIS Pro, it loses the ArcGIS Server connection and I have to reconnect it next time I open ArcGIS Pro. Why is this?

Thanks

4 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you elaborate on "loses the ArcGIS Server connection"?  ArcGIS Pro can connect to ArcGIS Enterprise for a variety of needs/uses, and those connections are on different screens.  By reconnecting, do you mean you  have to authenticate again?  If so, what are you authenticating for?  Licensing, consuming GIS services, etc...?

0 Kudos
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I seem to have solved my own issue cause I opened Pro this morning and my connection is still there.

Yesterday when I was attempting to do this, I was right clicking on Project in the Catalog Window, then I would click on New ArcGIS Server Connection, enter the URL to my server and it would connect but when I closed Pro and then reopen it again the connection wasn't there and I had to go through the process again to reconnect.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How Pro handles connections, not just GIS Server connections is a bit goofy in my mind.  When you create a new GIS Server connection in Pro, it is put in the "Servers" folder in the Catalog View.  The "Servers" folder isn't an actual folder on the file system, it is virtual folder created in the application.  In reality, the GIS Server connection is created on-disk in the root folder of the Project.  If you create the connection but don't save the Project, the AGS file is still present in the Project root folder on the file system, but it won't be there in the "Servers" virtual folder in all circumstance.  You can navigate to the Project's root folder and add it back into the project.

WillWoodroof
New Contributor III

Hey @SLouq , how did you solve this problem? I am having the same issue and can't find a resolution. I don't have this issue when connecting to same ArcGIS Server in Arcmap. 

Thanks!

PREVIEW