Adding a web map to Story Maps

Jump to solution
06-02-2020 04:30 AM
JenniferRoma
New Contributor

I am trying to add a web map that I created in ArcGIS Online to an existing Story Map draft that I am creating. However, when I choose to add map in my section of the story, even though I can see the map from my content and select it, the map itself is grayed out as well as the Place Map button at the bottom. I have it saved as a web map and the sharing is set to public. Can't figure out what else I have to do.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephanieWeber1
New Contributor II

**UPDATE: I switched from Chrome to Edge and I am able to add a map - for me, that's easier than getting IT to change permissions to enable WebGL **

Hi, Jennifer! Did you ever get this figured out? I am running into the same problem in the new StoryMap builder.  

Thank you!

Stephanie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
StephanieWeber1
New Contributor II

**UPDATE: I switched from Chrome to Edge and I am able to add a map - for me, that's easier than getting IT to change permissions to enable WebGL **

Hi, Jennifer! Did you ever get this figured out? I am running into the same problem in the new StoryMap builder.  

Thank you!

Stephanie

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Yep - sounds like WebGL is not enabled on the browser. You'll need to go into the browser settings and turn this on. Please consult the browser documentation for instructions.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos