Popup without a title and its whitespace?

Jump to solution
06-02-2020 05:45 AM
ChristianBischof
Esri Contributor

Hey guys I guess for an experienced ArcGIS JS API Developer this is an easy question I have to ask.

Is it possible to leave the title of a popupTemplate completely empty, not assign any value to the property "title" without having the whitespace which would be the placeholder for the titel if I had specified any.

Example given this sample code from ArcGIS JS API Reference:

Intro to PopupTemplate | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.15 

If i comment out the line in the sample with the title property the popup on the map comes without a title, but the "placeholder whitespace" where the title would have been displayed is still there.

var template = {
// autocasts as new PopupTemplate()
//title: "{NAME} in {COUNTY}"

Is there any possibility to change this behaviour so that the complete title section would be somehow deleted?

Using API version 4.15

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Christian,

Not really practical. The issue is that the "row"/"line" that the title is one is also the same as the maximize and close buttons are on.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Christian,

Not really practical. The issue is that the "row"/"line" that the title is one is also the same as the maximize and close buttons are on.

ChristianBischof
Esri Contributor

I was thinking about that too and also tried to change the font-size of .esri-popup__header-title to reduce the "placeholder space" for the title

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The only way to remove that white space would be to move the buttons I previously mentioned, but that would be a real hassle.

0 Kudos