How to symbolize property boundaries in Arc GIS Pro

05-31-2020 02:55 PM
ChrisHolcomb1
New Contributor

I am working in Arc GIS Pro.  I have downlaoded a feature class of parcel data (property) from a county website and have created a feature class of only one piece of property by selecting from the thing that I downloaded.  For the shape of the property, I only want to show the border and have the interior of the property be transparent. I am going to be putting things in the property like wetlands and their regulated buffers and I want the orthophoto to show so I need it to be transparent.   I have tried working with symbology but don't understand all the options to get me where I want to go. I have also tried creating a new feature by tracing the border but, again, I don't see how I can separate the border from the inside of the shape.  I am not familialr with python script, I just use the symbols on the workspace.  Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisHolcomb1
New Contributor

I resolved my issue by creating a new feature class -- a line drawing.  In Edit I worked under the line tool, not the polygon tool, and used the trace tool to trace around my property layer shape. It is very easy to change the thickness and color of the line. Thanks for reading. Have a nice day!

0 Kudos