ArcGIS Pro 2.5: The fabric “traverse” tool is interrupted with “missing valid editable line layer” message,

05-24-2020 11:36 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: The fabric “traverse” tool is interrupted with “missing valid editable line layer” message,

I couldn’t figure out why the fabric “traverse” tool is interrupted with “missing valid editable line layer” message.

What could be the issue here?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
4 Replies
IrvanSalim
New Contributor II

Hi Jamal NUMAN‌,

Usually the message "Missing valid editable line layer" would appear when there is no selected layer when doing Traverse (this is as shown in your picture where the Layer field does not have any feature template selected or "None"). This can happen when there are no line feature layers shown on the map or are unchecked on the Contents pane, which does not seem to be your case.

Has there been any update on this issue from your side? I would assume this is a minor bug.

My suggestion would be to try closing the Modify Features pane, uncheck and recheck the feature layers on the Contents pane, open the Traverse tool again and see whether the problem disappears. Perhaps, try to restart ArcGIS Pro if the problem remains. The last option would be to raise this issue to the Technical Support team of your local Esri office or distributor.

Cheers,

Irvan

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Many thanks Irvan for the input.

In the screenshot below, no layer is selected from the “create features” pan, nevertheless, the “traverse” tool is activated!

What might this indicate for?

Have you any idea how to replicate the issue to make sure which action should resolve it?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

You might want to follow these steps:

Enter a traverse—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Amir

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Many thanks guys for the help