Raster won't clip, Output Raster Dataset Empty

05-24-2020 10:43 AM
AndieCulbertson
New Contributor

I'm trying to clip this raster set of the US that I have to a much smaller size. I've tried multiple times to clip it and it won't clip. It keeps giving me a ERROR 999999. Which I know means it could be any miscellaneous error. But It's also says failed to copy raster data set and failed to clip. I'm honestly not sure if it's because the raster is so big or if there's something else I'm doing wrong. 

I also noticed that little drawing errors in the bottom. I draw a square at one point to try to make a more basic shape to see if it would work but nothing. I'm not editing anymore. Anyone else know what to do?

UPDATE: I got it clipped to a smaller piece I think the error was due to the naming. But then I converted the raster to polygons so then I can clip it to the county boundary I want.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Have you solved this? I'm not entirely sure of your question after the update. Are you happy with the rectangular extent or do you mean to clip to the shape (I wouldn't if you don't need to)?

You certainly want to name the output raster with an extension (I would recommend .tif) if outside of a geodatabase, and keep the name short and sweet, long names and funny characters will lead to general errors with no explanation usually. I'd also move this to ArcMap rather than Pro.

0 Kudos
AndieCulbertson
New Contributor

Yes I solved it! I had to do with the naming. I believe it’s because I used an underscore maybe but I just simplified it and changed from raster to polygon.

Andie Culbertson

0 Kudos