Error: Access not allowed request Code: 403 Experience Builder

05-20-2020 01:37 AM
TereziaBecker
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I am trying to add a Feature Layer (add Data) in Experience Builder but I become an Error : 

Error: Access not allowed request
Code: 403

it happens only by Feature Layer, for example Webmaps are working normally. 

I tried to add any of Layers not only from My Content.

https://...../server/rest/services/hosted/lk_auswertung_layer/featureserver/sharing/rest//oauth2/authorize?client_id=..........&response_type=token&expiration=20160&redirect_uri=https.......

Any Idea why it happens?

Thanks

9 Replies
MarkJames
New Contributor II

Terezia Becker

Did you get a resolution to this error?  We are experiencing the same issue.  We just upgraded to 10.8.1.  We can also add a web map that contains the same feature layer without any errors.

0 Kudos
TereziaBecker
New Contributor II

Hi Mark,

unfortunately not. We were also in contact with ESRI tech. support, but till now we could not be able to solve this problem. Sorry..

0 Kudos
LukeNeumann
New Contributor

any updates here? i'm running into it as well after upgrading to 10.8.1

0 Kudos
CraigWeber
New Contributor

I also ran into this problem yesterday - hoping there's a solution. I'm able to add Feature Layers from external servers, but not from my own Portal/Enterprise. 

0 Kudos
LisaG
by
New Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I hope everyone is having a great day. Please note that this error is caused by a defect with Experience Builder in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1.  

• BUG-000134713 : In Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1, adding a secured feature layer to ArcGIS Experience Builder fails, and returns the following error message, "Error: Access not allowed request, Code: 403.
  • Fixed in version 10.9.
  • This issue occurs with feature layers that are secured (not shared with everyone)
  • Workaround:
    • 1) Share the secured service publicly (with everyone).
    • 2) Add the service in ArcGIS Experience Builder.
    • 3) Revert the service to a secured service.

Let me know if you have any questions and I am always happy to help!

0 Kudos
LisaG
by
New Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I hope everyone is having a great day. Please note that this error is caused by a defect with Experience Builder in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1.  

• BUG-000134713 : In Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1, adding a secured feature layer to ArcGIS Experience Builder fails, and returns the following error message, "Error: Access not allowed request, Code: 403.
  • Fixed in version 10.9.
  • This issue occurs with feature layers that are secured (not shared with everyone)
  • Workaround:

Let me know if you have any questions and I am always happy to help!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all,

Please note that this error is caused by a defect with Experience Builder in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1.

• Fixed in version 10.9.
  • Workaround:
AlyssaManoa
New Contributor

Hi, I ran into this same issue yesterday. How do I know if I'm using 10.8.1 versus 10.9 ?

0 Kudos
LisaG
by
New Contributor

Hi Alyssa, here is a trick on how to check what Portal version you have:

1. Go to Portal home
  2. Right click anywhere on the page > Inspect 
  3. Note that you will see either 10.8.1 or 10.9 in the html

Example:

LisaG_0-1633125410098.png

0 Kudos