ArcGIS explorer desktop how to see property

05-20-2020 05:10 AM
DebasisChatterjee
New Contributor

Hi

Installed fresh ArcGIS Explorer Desktop 3400 in Windows. I have added layer with mappable data from external ArcGIS. I can see the objects on Map. But cannot seem to find a way to click on an object and see underlying properties. Such as "i" in ArcGIS ArcMap.

Similar behaviour even in ArcGISonline.

https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?useExisting=1 

I can see the objects on Map, but do not see a way to "identify" in order to see properties.

Can you please check and advise?

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

By default if you single click (left mouse click) on a layer a popup window will show... if the layer is capable of showing a popup.  Tthe 'identify' functionality is always active and available.

0 Kudos
DebasisChatterjee
New Contributor

Thanks Mark. Indeed your recommended action works when I add shape file and left-click to see attributes.

However, when I add "GIS service", the objects are displayed on Map as expected. But in this situation, left-click does not show me properties.The cursor remains as "hand" icon, presumably for pan action. Then I did some troubleshooting, checked property. I had to enable popup there and now I get to see properties popup. So, we can treat this subject as closed.

0 Kudos