ArcGIS Pro Layout Export cancelled

05-20-2020 03:40 AM
Ole-GunnarSkjolddal
New Contributor

Hello everyone!

I am having an issue with the export layout feature in ArcGIS Pro.

I am trying to export one of my map layouts and I have done several times before with no problem. I am trrying to download either a PNG or JPEG of this layout, but as soon as I am pressing the Export button, the software canccels the opperation and I get the "Export cancelled" message. I have had no issue up until today, so I was wondering if anyone else has the same issue or maybe have an idea of what the issue might be.

I am using the current ArcGIS Pro 2.5.1

I will attach a screenpic of the situation.

Thanks to anyone that replies

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Ole-Gunnar - interesting.  Has anything changed in your printer network configuration?  Say adding/deleting a printer on the network?  Have you tested the export on another *.aprx?  Or another layout with different data?  Are you using VPN while exporting or on a separate network?  Please advise.

0 Kudos
Manniej
New Contributor III

Hello Ole-Gunner, 

I'm not sure if this is the answer to your problem, but it might help in a follow-up investigation. We have also encountered this error. The error manifested when exporting Layout as single pdf based on name. Ultimately, the error turned out to be caused by a combination of the ArcGIS pro version (2.5.1) & Map Series.
Esri was able to republish the bug in version 2.5.1 with different input data. In addition, it was confirmed that there was nothing wrong with the input data we used in the Map Series.
The best solution in our case turned out to be the upgrade to ArcGIS Pro version 2.6, which seemed to solve the problem (after reloading the dataset). As an interim solution within the existing version, we used another field as input for the Map series. Which seemed to work correctly.
0 Kudos