Help with VRP analysis

03-30-2011 01:25 PM
AlejandroMata
New Contributor
Hi all !

I have an analysis with VRP, the analysis work's well according attribute's value, but it's not that i need.

I have one Distribution Center with 5 vehicles (5 routes). I want to make routes per day (i.e. The route 1 has to cover A, B, C, D and E stores at week, the first day the route cover A store, but i don´t want that the vehicle returns to the Distribution Center, i want that in second day the route start from A store and so on, until cover the 5 stores at week.

Is it possible to do that ?
Where can i find the meaning of all Orders, Routes.......Barriers attributes ?

I hope to be clear.

Greetings !
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
NaAn
by
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

You can get the detailed description for all NAclass attributes below:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#/Vehicle_routing_problem_analysis/00470...

I guess I don't understand the problem you are solving. Could you please provide more details? Do you mean that route 1 starts from the distribution center with the load for the whole week and then visits one store a day? After servicing store A, can a driver continue to drive towards the next store till the end of the day, and in the second day start from the site where he stopped?

Thanks.

Anna
0 Kudos
AlejandroMata
New Contributor
Hi Anna !

I'm going to try to be more especific, but i apologize for my english and i hope that you understand me.

Yes, all that you say is almost correct, i guess that you are understanding the problem that i have.
Actually the route 1 (as well as other routes) starts from the Distribution Center with load for the whole week, the driver has a workday of 450 minutes per day, but as the stores are in another cities maybe the driver just can cover a store or two per day, then perhaps it´s not reasonable to return to distribution center.

The driver can overnight at city of last store who attended, and the next day he can continue with the next store without return to the Distribution Center.

My intention is to make routes more than two days, just one Distribution Center and the routes are not limited to a single day.

I hope to be more clear and you can guide me.

Greetings.
0 Kudos
NaAn
by
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

Your problem can be solved with Multiple Breaks function (introduced in 10.0) with a little post-processing.

• In Breaks class, add a time window break for each day of the week as follows:

• [INDENT]Set a proper TimeWindowStart and TimeWindowEnd, i.e. Day 1 [4/4/2011 5pm, 4/4/2011 6pm], Day 2 [4/5/2011 5pm, 4/5/2011 6pm], and so on.
    Set a break duration through ServiceTime field, i.e. 10 hours[/INDENT]
  • Set the route start time to Day 1, i.e. EarliestStartTime = 4/4/2011 8am, LatestStartTime = 4/4/2011 9am

• For the remaining classes, if there is a time window make sure the time window fields have the date information included.

With this setting, the route will span the whole week. If all stores can be visited earlier than a week, there will be a bunch of time window breaks scheduled in the end of the route. These breaks are next to each other without traveling in between. You will need to exclude them (and the related unnecessary wait time) to adjust the route end time.

Thanks.

Anna
0 Kudos
AlejandroMata
New Contributor
Hi !

I don't have 10.0 release, it is the only way to solve it ?

Do you know a solution to 9.3 release ?
0 Kudos
NaAn
by
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

With 93, you can still solve the problem but with more post processing.

You can set the route earliest and latest start time to a time in the default date through the route properties. The solver will generate a route which starts from the default date and continues visiting stores across multiple days without a break. You will then need to manually add the rest time to break the routes.

I hope this works for you.

Thanks.

Anna
0 Kudos