NDVI Raw processing template not working in Pro but ok in webmap

Jump to solution
05-12-2020 03:15 PM
MarkConnolly
New Contributor II

I'm trying to work with the Sentinel 2- Views image service in Arcgis Pro however I cannot get the NDVI function to work in Arcgis Pro but if I open it in Map Viewer it works just fine.

To illustrate what I mean. In Map Viewer when I set the image rendered to NDVI Raw I get this:

Whereas in Arcgis Pro, when I add the image service, it mostly displays fine except when I set the processing template to show the NDVI all I get is a grey box.

Natural Colour

NDVI Raw

Its' not just NDVI Raw where this is happening. It is happening all the templates starting with Normalized Burn Ratio down. Everything before this works fine however.

I have tried to manually calculate the NDVI going to Imagery -> Raster Functions -> NDVI, however I get the same result. Just an output with no data. Anyone got an ideas if this is an issue on my end or something else?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

This often happens in ArcGIS Pro when adding floating point rasters. 

The solution is pretty easy, just click on the DRA (Dynamic Range Adjustment) button under the Appearance tab and the pixel values will be stretched based on the range within your current display. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MervynLotter

This often happens in ArcGIS Pro when adding floating point rasters. 

The solution is pretty easy, just click on the DRA (Dynamic Range Adjustment) button under the Appearance tab and the pixel values will be stretched based on the range within your current display. 

MervynLotter

Just to add that rasters appear solid grey when they (or their overviews) do not have their statistics calculated, so Pro is unable to display their pixel values. 

MarkConnolly
New Contributor II

Thank you so much, was pulling my hair out! Could have sworn I tried that but obviously not!

0 Kudos