AirportSign

05-11-2020 05:35 AM
Alvis
by
New Contributor II

I have a problem work with Aviation tools – AirportSign labels and design an airport sign label in 2D. I use an ArcGIS Pro 2.4.0 and ESRI tools Aviation:Airport and set up the settings by manual (https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/production/aviation/design-an-airport-sign-in-2d.htm#ESRI_SEC...).

When I create AirportSign label, it has created. If I created a single sign, its look a pretty good, but when I created complex sign (two or more parts), the each part label creating to close one other and sign is difficult to "read".

How I can fix the problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Hi Alvis,

I see in the screenshot that your individual sign parts seem to have outlines around them, but I am not sure how that is happening based on the label settings.   At version 2.5 we started giving out a sign layer file in the Airports Product Files.  You can download this and try it.  I know you are on version 2.4 but you may be able to download and install the 2.5 Product Files and try this layer file.  

The Airports Product Data package, available on My Esri, includes an AirportSign layer file found under the Layers directory <data package install directory>\Aviation Airports\Product Files\ <version number>\Layers\ AirportSign_frontBack_labels.lyrx. You may add this layer file to a map and resource it to your AirportSign feature class to avoid manually setting up the layer and label classes.

David

0 Kudos
Alvis
by
New Contributor II

Hi David,
Thanks for answer. First – all background yellow sign has outlines around them. I did it (a little bit changed the arcade expression), but it does not affect the problem.
Second. I install version 2.5 and use an AirportSign layer file from Airports Product Files. The problem is still there (see attach.

Any other suggestions on how to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Hi Alvis,   We posted a new layer file containing revised arcade expressions to fix the spacing of the text symbols.  See here in the posted documents:

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-14942-airportsignfrontbacklabelspro26lyrx 

0 Kudos
Alvis
by
New Contributor II

Hi, David,

I used shared layer from ArcGIS Pro 2.6. The label look different, but not good enough. Additional space has after every symbol, if sign has more like one symbol, its look not very good, and I see one other problem – Location sign (if multipart).

I don't know, maybe the problem is in my pc's setting, if I asked about this problem alone?

Small things – RWY vacated sign has 4 par of line, not 5 (EASA and ICAO).

0 Kudos
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Hi Alvis,     Thanks for this information and for the screenshots!   I see that our runway safety sign has 5 dashed parts but only should have 4.  I also see that the Location sign width should be uniform.   We will try to make improvements.  We have seen some graphic variation in airfield signs, but we aim to conform to the FAA 15-/5300 18C Specification.  There is room for improvement and we will work on it.   We welcome the input so please let us know if you see any other issues with the signs.   

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos