Repairing a portal geodatabase

05-07-2020 10:04 AM
BeverlyRichey
New Contributor

I goofed on a portal geodatabase when I created a new dataset. Created it with a date (all the previous dataset have dates also). Imported the feature classes from the previous month's dataset to use that data to edit in ArcMap (to publish it out as a map service). Added the date to the end of the feature classes to match the dataset name. Well dates then where added to the older feature classes with those dataset dates unbeknownst to me. Trying to change it back to where it was it will not let me. No renaming, can create a new dataset (with a date) but cannot creating a new feature class with the previous name (i.e just.Routing_Permits) I would hate to recreate the geodatabase or have a restore done on the file before I made the change (a week an half ago) because I don't want to risk messing up the other portal pages associated with this geodatabase. There is no relationship classes or a "turn" associated with this geodatabase. I have searched on-line (I don't even know how to ask the question). See attached *.pdf with stickies for more info. Just want to remove the dates from the feature classes but keep the date on the dataset itself (i.e. Routing_Permits_4_27_2020 FC back to just Routing_Permits).  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichelleBrake
New Contributor III

Hi Beverly,

It looks like you already have a feature class called 'Executed_Permits' under the Permits feature dataset. If these are in the same geodatabase you won't able to name another layer 'Executed_Permits' because an item with that name already exists. That is why you are able to add the dates onto the end and the geodatabase has no problem with it. The help documentation on Defining feature class properties goes into further detail about naming requirements. 

If that doesn't answer your question I would recommend posting it again to the Geodatabase or Portal for ArcGIS communities to help to get more eyes on your question. This group is for the product Admin Tools by GEO Jobe. 

Thanks,

Michelle
geojobe.com

0 Kudos