Chime model clarifications

Jump to solution
05-07-2020 11:07 AM
Labels (1)
NovilWijesekara
New Contributor

1. I have district data on population and number of hospitalized cases for country. When running the Chime model, how do I see the charts for different districts? 

2. The country policy is to admit all diagnosed patients irrespective of clinical symptoms, even those who are asymptomatic. Is it fair to day hospitalization rate is 100%? I get bizzare charts when I do so. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LynneBuie
Esri Contributor

Hi Novil,

1. If you are running the tool using a feature class with more than one feature, you have two options to see the chart for each district. You can either run the tool for each feature individually, by selecting each feature then running the tool. Or, you can use the Filter by Selection feature in the chart window - page 12 and 23 of the tool documentation give more details about how to do this.

2. A hospitalization rate of 100% is probably unreasonable because this assumes all COVID-19 cases are detected. This seems very unlikely unless all citizens are regularly tested and the tests are 100% accurate. You might also consider that in a situation where all diagnosed patients are admitted, even if asymptomatic, the Average Hospital Length of Stay will likely be lower than a situation where only those with severe symptoms are hospitalized.

I hope this helps!

Lynne

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LynneBuie
Esri Contributor

Hi Novil,

1. If you are running the tool using a feature class with more than one feature, you have two options to see the chart for each district. You can either run the tool for each feature individually, by selecting each feature then running the tool. Or, you can use the Filter by Selection feature in the chart window - page 12 and 23 of the tool documentation give more details about how to do this.

2. A hospitalization rate of 100% is probably unreasonable because this assumes all COVID-19 cases are detected. This seems very unlikely unless all citizens are regularly tested and the tests are 100% accurate. You might also consider that in a situation where all diagnosed patients are admitted, even if asymptomatic, the Average Hospital Length of Stay will likely be lower than a situation where only those with severe symptoms are hospitalized.

I hope this helps!

Lynne

0 Kudos