Change default sharing settings in Portal

Jump to solution
05-07-2020 08:56 AM
ZianChoy
Occasional Contributor

When a user in my 10.7.1 Portal publishes content to my company's Portal, I would like them to avoid sharing the content (by default). Out of the box, Portal defaults to sharing everything to the entire company.

I found "Members can share content publicly." in the Portal security page but I don't see a way to limit it further.

I would like to minimize the damage that can be done if someone's credentials are stolen.

How can I do this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Zian,

There is a member privilege for this that you can deselect - see share with portal. When the user goes to share items, they will not be able to select the option to share with the entire portal.

Sharing settings

As an admin, head to Organization > Settings > Member Roles and you can create a custom role with this option removed.

Hope this helps!

Hilary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZianChoy
Occasional Contributor

This was a slightly foolish question; AGS is already set up the way I want with "Shared: No one" as the default.

However, I would still like to know if I can prevent people from sharing something to the entire organization.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Zian,

There is a member privilege for this that you can deselect - see share with portal. When the user goes to share items, they will not be able to select the option to share with the entire portal.

Sharing settings

As an admin, head to Organization > Settings > Member Roles and you can create a custom role with this option removed.

Hope this helps!

Hilary

0 Kudos