Can you automate mmpk file creation in ArcGIS Pro (or elsewhere)?

05-06-2020 01:02 PM
RolandShield1
New Contributor

I am wondering if it is possible to create mmpk files to use on mobile units running Explorer for ArcGIS using an automated script in ArcGIS Pro or elsewhere?

That is, is there a way to create a series of mmpk files as a "chron job" overnight? I have done similar things using SafeSoftware's FME application, but there is no mention of this process on their community forum:

Reference: Can FME Make Offline Maps for ArcGIS Explorer?

For similar processes back in the day, I also used the ArcGIS Toolbox utility, right?

However, it appears that the only way to generate these files is inside an ArcGIS Pro session? Or can I simply call the license with an ArcPy scripit and automate it outside of the actual software?

I understand this process is done with the ArcGIS Publisher extension inside ArcGIS Pro, but it is not clear how you could do it as a batch process, right?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisDunn1
Esri Contributor

Hi Roland,

You can automate the creation of a mobile map package using the Create Mobile Map Package geoprocessing tool in ArcPy. To run the script as part of a batch process outside of of ArcGIS Pro, please see this document on running stand-alone scripts. I hope this helps.

Chris

RolandShield1
New Contributor

Thank you very much, @Chris Dunn.

0 Kudos