Story Map Guided Tour

05-05-2020 10:07 AM
GarrettMiller1
New Contributor

I am wondering if there is a way to make the guided tour function in the story maps start off by showing the entire extent of all of the points before it zooms to the first point? So far I have tried to make another slide at the start but that does not work well because it seems life I have to put a point down on the map to keep the map showing. I do not want an additional point to show, I just want the entire extent of my tour points to be shown at the start. 

Any help would be appreciated. If there is not a way to do this then I may just make a sidecar series to use instead.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Garrett -- Guided tours currently launch right into the tour, there isn't an overview of all the places. You can control the initial zoom level readers see by toggling on the custom zoom level setting for the first tour place, but the map will be centered on the first place.

If you want to show an overview for readers before they get into your tour, you could add an express map to the story before the tour, but that might be duplicative.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos