interconnected widgets

Jump to solution
05-04-2020 08:14 AM
ZorbaConlen1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi. I'm exploring the option to use Experience Builder for a project. The app needs to have a map and a list widget, as well as a filter widget and these elements need to be connected. So, for instance, If a filter is applied, it must filter both the map and the list. Likewise, when a user searches, both the map and the list should show the search results. So far I'm not having much luck. The search box in the map widget just works on the map, not the list. Same for the search and filter tool in the list - it does not work on the map. 

I'm pretty new to this so maybe missing something. Any advice? Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Zorba,

The filter widget works at global level and can keep the map and list in sync. However, based on your requirements for search, what you need is a search widget that will filter the results for both the map and list. Currently, we do not have this out of the box in Experience Builder. This feature is on our road map.  Here are some things you could do right now (if you haven't already) to help your experience: add a trigger/action on the map for extent changes to filter the list.  Add a trigger/action on the list to zoom/pan to the map. This will help with filtering your list as well. 

Thanks,

David

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Zorba,

The filter widget works at global level and can keep the map and list in sync. However, based on your requirements for search, what you need is a search widget that will filter the results for both the map and list. Currently, we do not have this out of the box in Experience Builder. This feature is on our road map.  Here are some things you could do right now (if you haven't already) to help your experience: add a trigger/action on the map for extent changes to filter the list.  Add a trigger/action on the list to zoom/pan to the map. This will help with filtering your list as well. 

Thanks,

David

ZorbaConlen1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the reply David. FYI - I added an idea regarding search capabilities - https://community.esri.com/ideas/18410. Good to hear it's on the road map. Basically, in addition to having it work across widgets in the app, I'd like more control over look and feel and behavior. For example, perhaps you want to add a search widget to the header and apply your own style.

I got the filters working as you suggested on both list and map.

Can you give me an estimate about when the search widget will be released?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos