Migrated from 10.2.9 to 100.7.0. Watermarker not removed.

Jump to solution
05-05-2020 05:51 AM
KestutisKaladinskas
New Contributor

Hello!  i  have migrated from arcgis runtime sdk for android 10.2.9 to 100.7.0. I am using the same license key in  100.7.0 which i was using in 10.2.9 version(BASIC).It is still showing the watermarker on the map. When i tried to replace the old existing key with runtime lite level key which is given on the dashboard it does not allow me to draw shape file on the map.Please tell me how to resolve this issue and how to remove the water marker from the map.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

The 10.x license keys will not work at 100.x. You will need to use a 100.x license key.

At 100.x, opening a local file such as a Shapefile or Geopackage requires the Standard level license. You can either log in as an ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise user with the appropriate role or purchase a license key. See this page for more info on licensing capabilities and named user types.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

The 10.x license keys will not work at 100.x. You will need to use a 100.x license key.

At 100.x, opening a local file such as a Shapefile or Geopackage requires the Standard level license. You can either log in as an ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise user with the appropriate role or purchase a license key. See this page for more info on licensing capabilities and named user types.

0 Kudos
KestutisKaladinskas
New Contributor

Thank you for help Nicholas, Actually i was trying to use the old License key of 10.2.9  into 100.7.0  version. Still  watermarker was not removed from map screen. 

0 Kudos
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Yep. As I mentioned above, the 10.x (including 10.2.9) license keys will not work with the 100.x version (including 100.7) of the Runtime. To remove the watermark, you must use a 100.x license (like the Lite one you discovered in your dash board), or license via an ArcGIS User. See here for more info.

Furthermore, to use Shapefiles with the 100.x Runtime, you need a Standard license.

The old 10.x Runtime is no longer supported. As you can see in the second table here, it. was retired in December 2019.

0 Kudos
KestutisKaladinskas
New Contributor

Nicholas Furness‌ Is it possible we can implement Feature layer shapefile somehow in LITE license?

0 Kudos
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

It will take a little work, but you can as long as you can parse the Shapefile data yourself.

If you can find a library to read the Shapefile data, you could use an AGSFeatureCollectionTable, AGSFeatureCollection and AGSFeatureCollectionLayer to display that data.

1. Parse the data out of the Shapefile to create a set of AGSGraphics (each graphic will have a geometry and attributes).

2. Create an AGSFeatureCollectionTable with those AGSGraphics using featureCollectionTableWithGeoElements:fields:.

3. Create an AGSFeatureCollection with that AGSFeatureCollectionTable using featureCollectionWithFeatureCollectionTable:.

4. Create an AGSFeatureCollectionLayer with that AGSFeatureCollection and add that AGSFeatureCollectionLayer to your map.

Note that the AGSFeatureCollectionLayer is not itself an AGSFeatureLayer, but it has a layers property that does contain AGSFeatureLayers.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos