ESRI JS API 4.15: Error in documentation for FeatureFormViewModel

Jump to solution
05-02-2020 01:24 PM
NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I just spotted an error in the documentation and typings regarding the FeatureFormViewModel.

It is stated that the list of fields of the feature form is available in the "inputField" property:

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/api-reference/esri-widgets-FeatureForm-FeatureFormVi...

But it is actually available in "inputFields" property. You check the console after selecting an item for example on the the following sample:

https://codepen.io/kfnsdkfjsdajf/pen/LYpOVoQ

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

The doc should now be updated: FeatureFormViewModel.inputFields | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.15 

We don't normally update the typings in between releases, but if you need this updated in your typings, you can either make the edit to the file locally, or in your app you could do something like (formVM as any).inputFields

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for pointing this out! You're correct, it's supposed to be "inputFields". We will get this updated in the documentation and typings as soon as possible.

Thanks again,

Anne

0 Kudos
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

The doc should now be updated: FeatureFormViewModel.inputFields | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.15 

We don't normally update the typings in between releases, but if you need this updated in your typings, you can either make the edit to the file locally, or in your app you could do something like (formVM as any).inputFields

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

Great, thanks for the quick fix and reply !

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

Hello Anne Fitz‌,

I just noticed that the issue occurred again at 4.16. Both documentation and typings are expecting "inputField" property instead of "inputFields".

Thanks !

0 Kudos
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

Agh you're right! Sorry about that. I will get it fixed for good this time.

0 Kudos