Network edge elevation from point feature

05-01-2020 11:03 AM
OskarPenje
New Contributor

Hi. I am struggling with connectivity in my road data. The edges doesnt have z-value geometry, and there are no start-point end point elevation attribute. I do however have a separate point feature data with integer z-values that match the road edges. How can I use this for setting connectivity? There are ways to transfer the z-attributes from from the points  to the edges (spatial join), but since I am working with a very large dataset this would be too tedious. Is there a way to Network analyst to use the elevation data from the point features as is?  I am using Network analyst for Arcmap 10.6. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

What kind of network dataset are your trying to build? That is, what role should the z values in the points play?

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
OskarPenje
New Contributor

I need them to tell the edges where they cant connect because of different levels ie. Overpass/undershoot. The edges are split at all crossings even if they arent planar which makes it difficult to prevent impossible routes. Do I need to transfer that information over to the edges attribute? 

0 Kudos