AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why do labels disappear after I convert to annotation in ArcPro?

Question asked by brandoncraw on Apr 30, 2020
Latest reply on May 1, 2020 by brandoncraw

Hi GIS folks,

I'm confused on how conversion on labels to annotations works in ArcPro. It seems a bit more complicated than how it works in ArcMap. 

Specifically - whenever I've tried to simply "convert labels to annotation" in ArcPro, they simply disappear. I noticed when I select features then run the conversion to annotation, it sometimes produces an annotation layer (but only for the ones the features that I selected). Regardless, it seems unnecessary that I have to select the features that I want to convert to annotations everytime. If I don't select, it produces an empty annotation layer. 

Does anyone know why the labels just disappear unless I select them (again, there were some that I selected and they still disappeared after the conversion)? This seems way more complex than it needs to be. Am I missing something?

On that note - I became fed-up with attempting annotations that I just tried to insert text in the map as a substitute (I just needed to move a single label). This also proved to be confusing. Any words of wisdom or pro-tips people can share about adding text to the map would also be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Brandon

Outcomes