AnsweredAssumed Answered

Inconsistent behaviour between ArcGIS Online Apps.

Question asked by daryl.blanchett on Apr 23, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 24, 2020 by dlaw-esristaff

Is anything being done to address the lack of consistency between the various app builders that are available on ArcGIS Online?  Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting frustrated by the different behaviours and capabilities in each of the solutions that are available in the platform. 

A simple example is the behaviour of the Search widget that is in the AppBuilder (which allows you to search map layers), and the one that is in the OpsDashboard (which does not allow you to search map layers).  This makes it difficult to decide on which platform I should be using because I have to weigh a projects requirements against both the capabilities of the platform, and the individual widgets within the platform.  I can't use an OpsDashboard for a project if the user needs the Search widget to include map layers, even though the OpsDashboard would be the preferred solution otherwise. 

I've only been using ArcGIS Online for a few months, so it might be a case of me not grokking the way the various app builders and widgets work.  

Cheers

Outcomes