ArcGIS Pro can't edit an LRS network in SQL Server?

Jump to solution
04-23-2020 02:22 AM
JonathanSloan1
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I've been able to create an LRS in a file Geodatabase and succesfully create and edit a network dataset in ArcGIS Pro 2.5.

When I import this LRS from the file Geodatabase into SQL Server everything looks OK however ArcGIS Pro no longer recognises the network dataset and I can't edit it with the LRS tools. The LRS tools have an alert requesting that I add a network layer.

When I explore the database connection in Arc Catalog I can see the LRS and I can expand this to see the Network dataset and the event datasets I created under the network.

I tried to share the LRS from ArcGIS Pro 2.5 to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1 and this fails with the following error message found deep down in the log files:

Unable to instantiate class for xml schema type: LocationReferencingDatasetMembership

Can anyone provide some guidance on where I may have gone wrong?

Thanks 

Jonathan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

When you move into ArcGIS Pro to use Roads and Highways, there are differences between how your data needs to be configured vs ArcMap.

The major differences are below:

-Roads and Highways is service based within ArcGIS Pro, which requires you to branch version your data and utilize a service for editing

-Your LRS feature classes (minimum schema, networks, events, intersections) need to be within a single feature dataset

-To support branch versioning, all your LRS feature classes and tables need to have Editor Tracking and GlobalIDs enabled

-Once your data is within a feature dataset with editor tracking and globalIDs present, you need to run the Modify LRS geoprocessing tool to "upgrade" your LRS to work within ArcGIS Pro.

Nathan

Esri Roads and Highways team

View solution in original post

4 Replies
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

When you move into ArcGIS Pro to use Roads and Highways, there are differences between how your data needs to be configured vs ArcMap.

The major differences are below:

-Roads and Highways is service based within ArcGIS Pro, which requires you to branch version your data and utilize a service for editing

-Your LRS feature classes (minimum schema, networks, events, intersections) need to be within a single feature dataset

-To support branch versioning, all your LRS feature classes and tables need to have Editor Tracking and GlobalIDs enabled

-Once your data is within a feature dataset with editor tracking and globalIDs present, you need to run the Modify LRS geoprocessing tool to "upgrade" your LRS to work within ArcGIS Pro.

Nathan

bbieb
by
Occasional Contributor

It looks like current RH users will need to change their enterprise geodatabases significantly to accommodate the switch to Pro.  We would basically need to move all of our events (70+ tables) into a single feature dataset?  Is this correct?

brian

brian
0 Kudos
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brian,

That is correct.  At Pro 2.5, the Roads and Highways minimum schema items (centerline, calibration points, redline) need to be in a feature dataset.  At Pro 2.6, we'll complete the controller dataset and LRS container in the catalog window which will require all LRS feature classes (minimum schema, networks, events, intersections) in a feature dataset.  We'll continue to document the requirements for the Roads and Highways information model here LRS data model—ArcGIS Roads and Highways for ArcGIS Pro User Help | Documentation 

Nathan

0 Kudos
JonathanSloan1
Esri Contributor

Nathan,

I didn't have my network inside the feature dataset.

Thanks for you help.

Jonathan

0 Kudos