Image Server 10 with ArcGIS Server 10 and sp1

03-29-2011 05:08 AM
DallasShearer
Occasional Contributor
Has anyone successfully installed Image Server 10 with ArcGIS Server 10 sp1? SP1 for Image Server is not out yet, and I contacted ESRI support to ask them if I would have any problems with installing sp1 for AGS and having Image Server on the same machine. Their response was that i wouldn't have any problems. Now after the sp1 install, Image Server is busted. It says "cannot get service map" when trying to publish a new service, all of the existing services disappeared.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BillBean
New Contributor III
We have the same error. "Cannot get service map."

SP2 update did not fix this error either.

Details:
>>00DD07: ServiceManager.AddService: Cannot get service map. No details available.

Does anyone know a fix for this???
0 Kudos
DallasShearer
Occasional Contributor
The standalone version of Image Server is being phased out and ESRI says to use the Image server extension for ArcGIS server. This is very heavily documented... but if you contact you ESRI rep they should be able to confirm this.
0 Kudos
BillBean
New Contributor III
The standalone version of Image Server is being phased out and ESRI says to use the Image server extension for ArcGIS server. This is very heavily documented... but if you contact you ESRI rep they should be able to confirm this.

Dalshearer,

Did you find a solution to this error, or did you upgrade to Image Server Extension?

Thank you for the help,
0 Kudos
DallasShearer
Occasional Contributor
Sorry, at that time there were no fixes to allow the stand alone version of image server to run with a service packed version of ArcGIS Server (AGS). For the short term fix, we had to revert our server back to an un-service packed version of AGS from a backup. And I was eventually able to convert all of our imagery to the extension format and then I was able to uninstall the standalone version an continue with service packing AGS.
There is a GP tool to help with converting from the stand alone format to the extension format, but i was not happy with the results so i had to bulid them from scratch.
0 Kudos
MelanieHarlow
Esri Contributor
Please contact Support.
I have gone through several exercises to retest the upgrade of ArcGIS Sever to SP1 and SP2 on the same machine as ArcGIS Image Server 10.0 Final. I�??ve been able to publish from both ArcGIS Image Server�??s Server Manger and using ArcGIS Server�??s Server Manager. And when upgrading I didn�??t lose the earlier published versions.
I am not trying to deny your problem, but there may be something about your workflow, OS, or configuration that is different from what we use when testing; which Support should be able to identify.
My workflow included stopping all services before upgrading.
0 Kudos
AmyHaas
New Contributor III
Hi
I am planning to up upgrade our server this weekend - with ArcGIS Server 10 sp1, Image Server 10 (stand alone) and ArcSDE 10 sp1.  I'm a little confused by the posts, should I expect to encounter an issue with ArcGIS Server 10 sp1 and Image Server 10 (no sp)?  We have a lot of Image Services and for now I would like to continue using Image Server until we have a chance to migrate them to mosaic datasets.

Thank you for any input you may have.

Amy
0 Kudos