Completely stumped here. I have seen a handful of somewhat similar threads dealing with Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area...the problem here is working out the proper transformation. Here's a bit of a summary of what I do know.
- This (NDVI) data can be obtained from USGS here [AVHRR in this example].
- I have other data I am trying to align with this data (GCS_North_American_1983 WKID: 4269).
- There is no WKID associated with the data's projection info, nor is there a GCS or datum.
- When searching for 'LAEA_Sphere_19', surprisingly, only a handful of results are returned. One result provides some additional insight. Spatial Reference .org lists this as "SR-ORG Projection 8750 - eModis Phenology"
- The ESRI WKT reflects exactly what we see in the raster's spatial reference properties:
- The raster metadata provides no additional insight.
- There is much discussion (and stories of headache) in dealing with the Sinusoidal projection associated with other USGS/NASA MODIS data, but this is not that projection. Out of desperation, I tried creating the custom geographic transformation found here...of course that failed to yield proper results. This was another dead-end waste of time.
- The various online tools associated with manipulating the USGS/NASA HDF files are not valid for this data. This are TIFs for NDVI Phenology.
- My source data is GCS_North_American_1983; i need to somehow match to this LAEA Sphere 19.
Please, any insight or help here would be most appreciated...I cannot believe how little documentation there is regarding this!