VRP ORDERS priority question

03-28-2011 03:17 PM
RodelVelasco
New Contributor
Hello,

I have a group of orders that I want to perform the VRP analysis with, and I was wondering if there is a way that I can specify the priority for each order. I want my high priority Orders be considered before including some of the less priority orders.

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
NaAn
by
Occasional Contributor
Hi Rodelv,

In order properties, there is a "Revenue" field. Orders can be prioritized by setting different values in this field. The higher revenue means a higher priority. You can set some positive Revenue values for orders with high priority. Solver will tend to assign those orders first.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks.

Anna
0 Kudos
RodelVelasco
New Contributor
Thanks Anna.

Appreciate very much.
0 Kudos
AlejandroMata
New Contributor
Hi Rodelv,

In order properties, there is a "Revenue" field. Orders can be prioritized by setting different values in this field. The higher revenue means a higher priority. You can set some positive Revenue values for orders with high priority. Solver will tend to assign those orders first.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks.

Anna

Hi Anna !

I want to prioritize the orders too, i tested what you said setting high values in Revenue field, but it doesn´t work. Solver do the same and it doesn´t change the Orders priority. What else can i do ?
0 Kudos
NaAn
by
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

When revenue does not work for prioritizing the orders, it usually means that there are some other hard constraints in the settings (such as, specialties, time windows, route MaxTotalTime, route MaxOrderCount, and so on) which prevent the order from getting assigned.

For example, the route has a MaxTotalTime set and the order with high revenue also has a large service time. VRP solver will tend to assignment several orders with the relatively smaller revenue but also the smaller service time to the route instead to minimize the total cost.

Please look at the ViolatedConstraints field in the unassigned order with high the revenue to figure out what prevents it from getting assigned.

Thanks.

Anna
0 Kudos
AlejandroMata
New Contributor
Hi Anna !

Ok, first all the orders are assigned. As you say i have " Time Windows, MaxTotalTime, MaxTotalTravelTime " etc, etc.

But i want to find the way to change the order of the " Orders " (Prioritize as you said)

I attached an image to show you what i want to do.

After seeing the image, what do you thing that i have to do ?
0 Kudos
AlejandroMata
New Contributor
Anna !

In the image i got wrong in the numbering, it must to start in 2 in place of 1.

Best Regards.
0 Kudos
NaAn
by
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

It looks like that you know exactly what sequence you would like to use. If that's what you want, the best way is to set the order assignment rule to "Preserve route and relative sequence" and then set the Sequence number to the way you like.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks.

Anna
0 Kudos
AlejandroMata
New Contributor
Hi Anna !

Exactly it was that i wanted. You resolved one of my problems.

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos