Updating feature layer - shared group

04-14-2020 01:54 PM
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

We'd like to be able to use Maps for Office to update a feature layer, and have more than one person have that ability.  I'm being told that even though we can create a shared group to accomplish this within AGOL, that same level of functionality isn't available when trying to do those edits by way of Excel.

I know this is likely "by design" and not a bug.  I'm sure this product and workflow was envisioned as a one person - one layer scenario.  I'd like as many options to edit a feature layer as possible, though.  In my organization, some staff prefer M4O, some ArcPro, others AGOL.

It seems like M4O has the least flexibility when it comes to having to have just one person edit a feature layer through that platform.  Are we missing something?  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Tracy:

Since you indicate in your thread that you are able to have multiple people edit a feature layer in a group in AGOL, can you show the ESRI documentation that indicates the setup and workflow to accomplish this task.  This is a use case that my org is looking at, but it seems the Owner of the data in the Shared Group is the only person that can perform this editing task.

0 Kudos