I have a Home Use account and it seems like I am not eligible to submit a bug report for the Reshape tool. So I am using this space to describe the bug. I have also attached a short video that illustrates the incorrect behavior.
Software: ArcGIS Pro 2.5.0
Problem1: Reshape tool must be selected twice to activate if you are using the Edit Vertices tool.
Problem 1 details:
- I have the Explore tool, the Edit Vertices tool, and the Reshape tool pinned to the Quick Access Toolbar.
- The ribbon is collapsed.
- One polyline is selected.
- I select the Edit Vertices tool and modify a vertex of the polyline.
- I select the Reshape tool.
- ArcGIS Pro replaces the polyline with the Edit Sketch. - good, this is what I wanted it to do
- ArcGIS Pro selects the Explore tool. - not good, I wanted it to select the Reshape tool
Problem 2: The Reshape tool does not work when I try to connect two vertices of a polyline.
Problem 2 details:
- I select one polyline and select the Reshape tool.
- Snapping is on.
- I hover the cursor near a vertex of the polyline.
- The edit sketch snaps to the vertex.
- I left click, creating the first vertex of the edit sketch that is snapped to the polyline vertex.
- I repeat the process to put a second edit sketch vertex on a nearby vertex of the polyline, skipping several vertices between which I want to remove.
- The edit sketch now has two vertices, each snapped to a polyline vertex. The edit sketch does not intersect the polyline otherwise.
- I press F2.
- An error appears in the Reshape pane: "New geometry must intersect the feature in at least two places." - not good - the new geometry DOES intersect the feature in exactly two places.