AnsweredAssumed Answered

ArcGIS Pro Reshape Feature Bugs

Question asked by Gerald_Daumiller on Apr 13, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 23, 2020 by SHarris-esristaff

I have a Home Use account and it seems like I am not eligible to submit a bug report for the Reshape tool. So I am using this space to describe the bug. I have also attached a short video that illustrates the incorrect behavior.

Software: ArcGIS Pro 2.5.0

Problem1: Reshape tool must be selected twice to activate if you are using the Edit Vertices tool.

Problem 1 details:

1. I have the Explore tool, the Edit Vertices tool, and the Reshape tool pinned to the Quick Access Toolbar.
  2. The ribbon is collapsed.
  3. One polyline is selected.
  4. I select the Edit Vertices tool and modify a vertex of the polyline.
  5. I select the Reshape tool.
  6. ArcGIS Pro replaces the polyline with the Edit Sketch. - good, this is what I wanted it to do
  7. ArcGIS Pro selects the Explore tool. - not good, I wanted it to select the Reshape tool

Problem 2: The Reshape tool does not work when I try to connect two vertices of a polyline.

Problem 2 details:

1. I select one polyline and select the Reshape tool.
  2. Snapping is on.
  3. I hover the cursor near a vertex of the polyline.
  4. The edit sketch snaps to the vertex.
  5. I left click, creating the first vertex of the edit sketch that is snapped to the polyline vertex.
  6. I repeat the process to put a second edit sketch vertex on a nearby vertex of the polyline, skipping several vertices between which I want to remove.
  7. The edit sketch now has two vertices, each snapped to a polyline vertex. The edit sketch does not intersect the polyline otherwise.
  8. I press F2.
  9. An error appears in the Reshape pane: "New geometry must intersect the feature in at least two places." - not good - the new geometry DOES intersect the feature in exactly two places.

Attachments

Outcomes