With domains generated by ArcGIS Online, choice_filter mysteriously does not work. Without a choice_filter, the choices display correctly. Here's a way to reproduce this problem:
- Create a web feature layer Online.
- Add two fields (example_type and example_subtype) and Create List domains for them.
- Create a new survey for your feature layer in Survey123 Connect.
- Add a choice_filter for example_subtype based on type.
Observe that no values are displayed for example_subtype no matter type's value.
- Rename example_type_<LONG IDENTIFIER> to example_type (and the associated select_one).
Observe that no values are displayed for example_subtype, no matter type's value.
- Rename example_subtype_<LONG IDENTIFIER> to example_subtype (and the associated select_one)
Observe that values are correctly filtered for example_subtype.
*edit: I originally generalized my field names to Type and Subtype, but those are keywords.