AGOL - Displaying Attributes

04-06-2020 06:38 AM
BennyNein
New Contributor III

I have trail line data in a web map in map view in AGOL. I am symbolizing it by unique values to display different phases of the trail completion. After symbolizing in my legend I am able to see the trail phase. I would like to also add another field attribute to the legend which is owner. The problem I am having is that once I click add another attribute only certain fields show up and owner isn't one of them. Owner doesn't need to have it's own visualization in the map, I just want it to be view able in the legend. If I could figure out how to add visualization to both that would be helpful. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm guessing that the OWNER_NAME field is also a text field? I don't think it's possible to have symbology based on two text fields in that way. See the "Change Style Quick Reference" table at Change style—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation for more info.

One thing you should be able to do is use Arcade to combine the two fields into a new one on the fly or just calculate a new field that concatenates the two and symbolize based on that field.  

Would that work for you?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek