I suddenly have two credit sections when in builder mode. Not sure if this is a bug. I've attached a video.
Unfortunately I cannot make the story map public yet due to our review process.
Hi Bryan - That looks like a known issue we'll be addressing in our release next week.
Can you provide a little more detail as to how you created the story? Was it via ArcGIS Online?
So I was able to recreate the glitch I'm seeing. Here is the workflow;
1. Insert image content block and set it to float.
2. Copy text from notepad and pasted next to image.
3. Select the plus icon to add another image.
NOTE: I brought up an issue with trying to get out of floating image blocks in a previous post (Easier way to get out of floating image).
4. Set the next image and set it also as a float.
5. Copy two paragraphs from notepad. I think this is the import part. Normally when I copy and paste multiple paragraphs in one shot builder will automatically honor it and make multiple text blocks.
6. Paste it into the text area next to the floating image.
NOTE: I do NOT select the plus icon next to the image and select the Paragraph block, I just paste it in once I select the text area next to the image.
7. Immediately after I press Ctrl-V to paste one paragraph will paste next to the image while the second paragraph will glitch to below the credit section.
8. Now, backing up to step 6, if I select the plus sign and add a paragraph content block INSTEAD of just pasting it does what it is suppose to.
I was able to replicate the glitch multiple times in writing this post. I have also attached the following videos to show the glitch as it happens (Media2_Trim.mp4) and a video of how to avoid the glitch (Media3_Trim.mp4). I believe this is the start of the two credit section issue.....or it could be something different.
Thanks for the additional detail. I believe this will be fixed in our update, but we'll look into it.
Does the extra credits section show up when you preview the story?
No it doesn't. If I don't have anything in either section than they do not show up. If I have text in one and not the other only the one will show.
However, if I have text in both it will show it as two separate credit sections.
Normal workflow in creating it;
Had an idea that just popped in my head. Do the Mods on GeoNet have a working group users could share their apps with? My thought is if you guys have some private group that users could share their apps they're having issues with, and not having to publish them publicly for various reasons, it might help in troubleshooting. If you had such a way I'm sure a lot of us would be able to share with you the apps that are having issues.
Retrieving data ...