Cut lines on Data Driven Pages

03-28-2011 01:19 AM
KatieKestin
New Contributor
I have a series of Data Driven Pages and when I pdf them I would like there to be a cut line on the page to say which page displays the continuation of the map before and after the current page. Is there an automatic or suggested way to label where the pages overlap and with which page they are overlapping to make it easier for the user to follow?

Many thanks

Katie
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Occasional Contributor III
When I make insets or other subsets of larger maps, I create a feature class which contains their outlines.  So those new polygons serve two functions: the neatline of the inset, and an indication on larger maps of what area the insets cover.
0 Kudos
RichardBurdett1
New Contributor III

There is also a method I use where you apportion a page number to each of the polygons on each DDP and use a definition query [Definition Query>Page Definition Query} linked to the DDP data to only display labels and polygons for the exact page being displayed.  This serves two functions:

1. you can draw the cut line on the page and display it/them when that specific page is activated

2. all labels and polygons for the overlapping ddp wont show on that page. For items that are split by the pages you will have to use the split tool along the cut line and assign, where split, to the next ddp in the sequence.

0 Kudos