Possible to move multiple annotation labels in ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
04-02-2020 08:45 AM
VinceE
by
Occasional Contributor II

I often require annotation labels with multiple leader lines pointing to different parts of the same feature. I accomplish this by copy/pasting an annotation label with a leader line so the two text labels are perfectly coincident (and therefore display as one label), and then move each leader line endpoint individually.

This part of the procedure works fine in Pro, however there doesn't seem to be a way to select the "stack" of coincident labels and move them around without ALSO moving all the the leader lines. In ArcMap, I could select the stack of annotation labels and move them using the annotation tool without also moving the endpoints of the leader lines (those would remain stuck to the features they should point to). In Pro, it seems the only option is to select the whole stack and move them, which also ends up moving the ends of the leader lines. This requires each leader line end point be re-directed to its respective feature.

Am I missing something, or is there just no method of moving multiple annotation labels at the same time in ArcPro, independent of their leader line endpoints?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Vince,

It sounds like you are describing the following request:   https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/add-the-ability-to-move-multiple-annotations-in-pro-w...

This is on the team's radar.

Thanks,

Scott

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Vince,

It sounds like you are describing the following request:   https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/add-the-ability-to-move-multiple-annotations-in-pro-w...

This is on the team's radar.

Thanks,

Scott

VinceE
by
Occasional Contributor II

Scott,

Yes, I think that's it. Thanks for pointing that out, I missed that request. I appreciate the info.