Location-Allocation use

03-27-2011 08:25 AM
AmanArora
New Contributor
Hii everyone,

I'm using Arc 10, and doing my project on Network Analysis. I'm already got all works of New Route, New Service area, VRP, Closest facility, OD cost matrix but I'm little confuse with location allocation work. I've been worked through Desktop Help about this work but got little from there. It was instructed that it can work with Population data. In my work there is no any population data, so I'm little confuse to add this module in my project. So can anybody tell me about its basic use?

Please help me out in this problem.

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
Aman,

Location-Allocation is used for site selection. For example, where to place fire stations so everyone in the city can be covered in 3 minutes. Or where to place warehouses to service stores. You need the locations (population, houses, stores, etc) to server and a set of locations where you can build/open your facilities.

You can read more about it online:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#/Location_allocation_analysis/004700000...

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
AmanArora
New Contributor
Thanks sir,

Sir, I want to know from you that is there any freelance services available in GIS sector especially in Network Analysis? If so then please provide me some useful links.

Thanks again 🙂
0 Kudos