AnsweredAssumed Answered

ArcObjects SDK for .NET Framework with Annual Educational Advanced (Arc Info) Single Use License

Question asked by dnemecek_IDWR on Mar 31, 2020

I usually use my organization's ESRI account when at work, but I am now working at my home Desktop PC.  On my home PC, I have an ArcGIS 10.6 annual educational license that I do not want to sacrifice.  It is an Advanced (Arc Info) Single Use license.  I also have an ESRI Developer subscription through my organization, so I am able to download the ArcObjects SDK for .NET Framework to my home PC.  I also have Visual Studio 2017 Professional on my home PC, which I downloaded BEFORE downloading the ArcObjects SDK for .NET Framework.  When I downloaded the SDK, I ensured that I downloaded the bit for Visual Studio 2017 Professional.  The immediate problem is that Visual Studio is not aware of my ArcObjects SDK.  When I attempt to add a new project, the ArcGIS menu is not on the left side of the New Project dialog box.  

Is anybody able to provide a solution, help me troubleshoot or confirm that the SDK will not work with my educational license?  Or maybe it is my Advanced Single Use license that the SDK does not like?

Outcomes