[ArcGIS runtime .NET WPF SDK ] Attributes collection for MapPoint class

03-31-2020 05:54 AM
TalhaFarooq
New Contributor

I am using ArcGIS runtime .NET WPF SDK

Is there a way to store runtime application-specific information in MapPoints similar to Attributes dictionary collection in Graphic class, and that it still works with SketchEditor ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Please can you confirm which of the following you are using?

ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Microsoft WPF - Library Reference (retired)

or

ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET - WPF API Reference | ArcGIS for Developers (current)

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
TalhaFarooq
New Contributor

Hi Mike,

I am using this one (current and latest)

ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET - WPF API Reference | ArcGIS for Developers (current)

Thanks

Talha

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

A point is a point. It only contains the information related to the location, (X, Y, Z and M).No additional information can be added. To add attributes, we have a class for that: Graphic (or Feature).

Wrt SketchEditor I'm not sure what you expect it to be doing with those attributes? All it does is edit or create geometry. Typically you'll grab the geometry from the graphic, feed it to sketcheditor for editing, then on completion set it back on the graphic.

0 Kudos
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

Could you be a little more specific.  The SketchEditor creates the geometry, so not sure what you mean by still works with the SketchEditor.  If you needed associated attributes I would think you add them after the SketchEditor creates the geometry

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos