Changing Symbology Type in ArcGIS Online webmap

Jump to solution
03-30-2020 02:33 PM
AdamBakiera
Occasional Contributor

Good afternoon,

We have a Survey123 form which was created from a feature class. There was a new field added into the feature class which was also added to the survey form. No issues with that whatsoever! Where I am unsure is when I go to the change the symbology in the webmap. Currently, it's set to 'show location only.' We now want the webmap to symbolize based off the new field (which is a 2 option domain). Before I can go in and change this, I get this message:

Will changing the symbology have any effect on the survey itself? I know the survey responses create points in the map so I'm just not sure if this symbology change will have an impact. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Adam,

The warning message concerns the types of features that can be created in the Map Viewer - it will update the editing templates of the layer.  The Survey123 form will be unaffected.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Adam,

The warning message concerns the types of features that can be created in the Map Viewer - it will update the editing templates of the layer.  The Survey123 form will be unaffected.