Distinct Count in list - Ops dashboard

03-30-2020 12:30 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have a field named IP(implementing partners) which is repeated in a number of records. I want to apply a distinct count  and put the count in front of each IP in my list element:

I would appreciate your useful comments. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Sayed Wali‌,

I don't think this is possible without some custom coding or calculating those fields before pushing it to ArcGIS Dashboards. If you are intereseted in this feature you may want to vote for this idea: Operations Dashboard widget to display count of distinct unique values 

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ben Turrell‌,

Thank you for your reply. I went into the link you provided and is useful. Can you explain more about your first point, how is it possible to code before publishing to Dashboard? do you mean to maintain some Arcade expressions in webmap?

What I want to build is a list and a distinct count of related features exactly like the COVID-19 dashboard:

Thanks

0 Kudos
Bryan_Andree
New Contributor

Has anyone figured out how to do this yet? I am also in need of the answer to this, and we can all see it was done in the Covid dashboard. 

0 Kudos
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Sayed Wali‌ and Bryan, Andree‌,

Sorry for missing your earlier question Sayed. What I was referring to is that when I build my dashboards a lot of data processing happens before I even create my dashboards.

I use a variety of different tools to create my datasets like python or FME to find all the values and add them up in a spreadsheet. You could also do a field calculation in ArcGIS Pro to loop through all your features and create a sum field based on the name of the feature. Once you have done that if you remove all the other instances so you are just left with the distinct values then you should have your features that can be published.

The problem a lot of the above have is the amount of overhead required to fix up the data and to maintain it. When pulling from data sources you don't control data schemas can change or naming conventions can change. You will also need to automate these processes or manually rerun them when you want to update the datasets.

A lot of work can go into these dashboards and the data behind them!

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos