In Survey123, how do users update or delete previously entered records when the correct option is chosen in "What Can Submitters Do?"

Jump to solution
03-28-2020 02:15 PM
RichOchs
New Contributor III

I know this is out there, but I've searched the documentation and am unable to find it. I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. I've enabled the ability for users to update/delete records in Survey123. I just can't figure out how after someone has submitted, especially if they are entering via a web browser, they can go back and edit/delete previous records. Is it only if they do this on their mobile app? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. It is possible to edit records from the Survey123 web app. Essentially, you need to use query URL parameters to indicate which record you want to edit. More details here: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2019/05/24/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-editing-re...   Please be aware that the query parameters are about to change this coming week once we release 3.9. You will want to use the globalid instead of the objectid. There are more details in the blog post.

Generally, you would not expect end-users to know the globalid of the record they want to edit. For this reason, you will want to create the links to open the survey dynamically through an external application, web map, etc.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. It is possible to edit records from the Survey123 web app. Essentially, you need to use query URL parameters to indicate which record you want to edit. More details here: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2019/05/24/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-editing-re...   Please be aware that the query parameters are about to change this coming week once we release 3.9. You will want to use the globalid instead of the objectid. There are more details in the blog post.

Generally, you would not expect end-users to know the globalid of the record they want to edit. For this reason, you will want to create the links to open the survey dynamically through an external application, web map, etc.

Hope this helps!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do you find a Survey 123 record's globalid? 

0 Kudos
RichOchs
New Contributor III

@IsmaelChivite , thanks for this answer. You actually answered another question of mine recently (about emailing a copy or link to a submitter's form to them using Power Automate) that brought up more questions from this old post. Most, if not all, of my surveys are anonymous. If I check under "What Can Submitters Do?" the "Add and Update Records" option, how does Survey123 know that someone is the submitter if they are anonymous? From reading your link above on using URL parameters (which is giving me tons of other ideas), I can send them the edit hyperlink using Power Automate after they submit. But when I click the link as an anonymous user who submitted the survey and it says "Editing is not possible because the record specified by the globalid parameter cannot be accessed". Is it that the ability for a submitter to edit/update/delete is limited to those who sign in using an ArcGIS account when they fill out a survey?

0 Kudos