Customise stylesheet in list page in ArcGIS Hub

03-25-2020 09:36 PM
JunFUKUDA
New Contributor II

I'm trying to edit layout of list page in ArcGIS Hub site. I read an article about editing CSS in top page. It would be nice if I could do the similar in list page.

By default, list part displays 2 lines and "..." (image01). What I'm trying is displaying more lines (image02). Image02 was only achieved by editing at local environment with Web Developer tool.

It would be the best if I could edit bootstrap resource directly, but it is not possible, is it ? It may be alternative solution if I could import CSS file which is located in another server into list page, so that I can override style definition (in this case, class is ".list-card .description .multiline-ellipsis").

Any tips, ideas or advice would be appreciated. Thanx.

Jun

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Hello Jun,

Unfortunately, it is not possible at this time to edit the search results view in Hub. While we allow customers to control the layout of their sites and pages by embedding custom CSS, we also have the concept of Views in Hub. Views are intended to be fixed layout pages that do not support custom CSS because it's too easy to break critical layout functionality by accident, and since you cannot host the hub application standalone, there is no method to edit the files directly.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but the search results cards were designed to follow the pattern of search engines like Google in displaying up to 2 lines of title and 2 lines of description, and your full summary will be shown on the Item Details page if the viewer clicks through.

0 Kudos
JunFUKUDA
New Contributor II

Klara,

Thanks for your replying and description. I'm sorry to hear that but it is what I actually guess.

Thank you again for your reply !

Jun

0 Kudos