How to create statistics from survey123 records?

03-23-2020 04:10 AM
RobertBuckley1
Occasional Contributor

I  am trying to put a survey123 app and a dashboard together for the corona crisis.

I want to use the survey123 to produce a webinterface to record indicents and the dashboard to present the data in real time. I have created a simple form with data regarding type of record, location etc but now I want to create statistics so that I can present total number of cases, total number of case according to city, number according to type, age, gender etc.

Can I do this in the survey123 excel sheet, or do i need to use another trick?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Robert,

Assuming all of the data you are calculating your statistics from are in the feature service that Survey123 is submitting to, this is very possible.  

• First, I would recommend sharing the form for Analysis via the Survey123 website - this will create a stakeholder view which is a read-only feature service designed for being used in reporting application.
  • Second, add the stakeholder view as a data source to operations dashboard.  You can do that by either having it in a web map that is used to create the dashboard or add it into the list of data sources
  • From there you are able to create a variety of statistics across the submitted data using Dashboard's widgets.
0 Kudos
RobertBuckley1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. What I can't figure out though is how to label clusters. The maps show the clustered case locations, but I need to label how many cases are inside the cluster. How is this possible?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Robert,

If you need to have summary map objects, you could combine the stakeholder layer with your geography layer and create a join between them - see Join Features—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

0 Kudos
RobertBuckley1
Occasional Contributor

thanks, but does the join remain dynamic when I update the Survey123 data? 

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Robert Buckley‌   The join is not dynamic. A new static layer is created. Looking at the Map Viewer and the Map Viewer Beta capabilities, I believe that it is not possible to create a labeled cluster layer in a web map. Not at least out of the box. You may have better luck with a custom web app using the ArcGIS API for JavaScript as described in this blog post.  Tagging here Kristian Ekenes in case he can help out.

0 Kudos
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

Correct. It currently isn't possible to create a clustered layer with labels in a web map yet. This is something we're actively working on.