edit point selected by search widget

03-25-2011 12:41 PM
SandraPanicucci
New Contributor
I am attempting to make an editor that limits the point that can be moved (OR ADDED if it doesn't already exist - but that's another problem)to one specific point from  the feature service.

I select that point by an attribute passed through a parameter in the URL to the search widget. It then zooms to that point. The search Result is shared data and I have a variable in the editWithoutEditor widget that reads the BMPID from the search results of the search widget. Right now the EditWithoutEditor selects points on a mapclick to the featureService.

What I'm trying to do is use the shared data to select the point to move. Don't seem to be able to do this though it seems that it should be do-able.

Looking for any ideas or suggestions that may point me in the right direction
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sandra,

So are you now getting the BMPID from the shared data? If so can you not execute a selectFeatures on the feature layer that the edit widget is using?
0 Kudos
SandraPanicucci
New Contributor
By adding the following:

public static var strSearchBmpId:String;

private function sharedDataUpdated(event:AppEvent):void
   {
 var data:Object = event.data;

strSearchBmpId=data.collection[0].title.toString();

}

I am then able to run a definitionExpression
 fLayer.definitionExpression = strSearchBmpId;
which returns the value of the BMPID so that much seems to be functioning as I wish it to.

I am not sure where in this mess I would insert a selectFeatures. Being as it's fairly late on a friday afternoon I'm not sure anything I try at this point is going to work. I suspect I've been close more than once today. I am working with the EditWithout Editor.MXML

Think I'll try this again fresh on Monday morning. Thanks for responding.
0 Kudos
AdamCommeford
New Contributor III

Hi @Sandra Panicucci, 

I know this was a while back, but was wondering if you have any suggestions for me as to how to launch the editor widget from a point selected by the search widget?

Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated

Thank you!

0 Kudos