&forceDesktop URL Parameter in Storymap Tour

03-19-2020 02:49 PM
CameronSanders
New Contributor

Greetings Friendly Folks at ESRI,

First of all, I hope this question finds you all well and in good health. Given the current spread of the coronavirus and number of folks self-isolating, I've decided to host a number of Virtual Bikepacking Trips to share with the global cycling community.

After a great many hours playing around with various storymap themes and outlines, I came to really understand that what I was looking for was a Map Series which houses various Map Tours within itself.

You'll find an example of one such project here: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=aea9bdd2f9e74770b968f7d94bb9235b&forceDesktop

I'm working on about half a dozen similar projects right now and I'm facing the same problem in all of them: getting the &forceDesktop URL Parameter to function for the Map Tours within the Map Series view. The &embed URL Parameter works perfectly for forcing the Map Tours to play nice in the Map Series but the &forceDesktop does not.

Sadly my lack of joy in the mobile responsive design with the Map Tours is quite strong and I would really like to find a solution. When I force desktop on my mobile Chrome browser I am content with the layout... perhaps there is a different workaround which would automatically initiate force desktop mode on devices I'm not aware of?

I really appreciate the support.

0 Kudos
0 Replies