Is there a reliable data source of US COVID-19 cases by county?

Jump to solution
03-19-2020 01:16 PM
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

Lots of data by country, and some sites have county based graphics, but nothing that seems thorough, maintained, accessible, or authoritative yet.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

JHU has shared out a service of county level data. Read more and find the service link here.

Coronavirus COVID-19 Data Available by County from Johns Hopkins University 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
StevenPollackov
New Contributor II

I found the Feature Service that has county level data, but I'm not sure how up to date the data is. Also I'm not sure if it's still be updated. 

https://services.arcgis.com/hRUr1F8lE8Jq2uJo/ArcGIS/rest/services/COVID19_Points_and_Polygons_County... 

Have seen quite a bit of county data by individual states but nothing contiguous across the U.S. If you find anything else, please let me know. 

Thank you.

Steven

0 Kudos
Jay_Gregory

That was working yesterday, but today is requiring a token

0 Kudos
ShaneMiles
Esri Contributor

Hi Jay Gregory‌, 

Have you checked out the COVID-19 GIS Hub? It may have some of the data you are looking for. Alternatively there is a COVID-19 space here on Geonet you could check out.

Hopefully this helps. 

Shane 

Jay_Gregory

Haven't found anything good yet but thanks

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
StevenPollackov
New Contributor II

Mark,

Thanks for the link to the USA Facts data. I'm questing a little bit some of the state level data, but other than that appears to be a good resource. 

Any thoughts on how I can automate taking the csv file, table joining to a feature class then republishing to AGOL? Is there a way to do it in AGOL or do I have to do this in ArcGIS pro then overwrite my Feature Service.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks. 

Steven

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

JHU has shared out a service of county level data. Read more and find the service link here.

Coronavirus COVID-19 Data Available by County from Johns Hopkins University 

0 Kudos
PeterWang
New Contributor III

I'd like to find US County COVID deaths for a specific time period... H2 2021 (not yet ended). I'd like to see where Delta struck the worst on a per capita basis. Any ideas about how to obtain this data?

0 Kudos