ArcGIS HUB - template language problem

03-16-2020 10:48 PM
JanUher1
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a question about ArcGIS HUB and templates. It is a great tool but I am Czech and my website is in Czech language but in template HTML head is set <html lang="en-us"> what is a problem when users have Google Chrome with enabled automatic translate because then the browser translate Czech text to Czech text which shows nonsenses.

Can I somehow resolve it?

Thanks

Jan Uher

/ sorry for my English

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We'll take a look into this. Thanks for reaching out

0 Kudos
JanUher
New Contributor

Hi, something new? Thx

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have this on our backlog of things to do. We did, however, release an integration with Google Translate which you can read about here https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-hub/constituent-engagement/translating-hub-sites-an... 

0 Kudos
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Jan Uher‌ can you share a specific site where you're having this issue? Hub currently does not handle culture which is likely part of the problem, but an example would help narrow this down. If you'd like, you can email me details at thervey@esi.com.

0 Kudos
sdemo
by
New Contributor

Hi, I've just found out this logic,

First,

The hub site gets the culture (html lang attribute) from the member's profile language settings when the site is created.

Second,

If you need to change the html lang attribute of the hub site, that can be done with ago-assistant, editing culture parameter of the hub site application's description json.

Though, if the hub site is not public, you'll always get html lang="en" 

0 Kudos