Unable to enable Location Tracking

03-12-2020 08:09 AM
Jean-SebastienLauzon
New Contributor III

Although we have Tracker for ArcGIS App Licences, when I try to enable Location Tracking under our Organizations Extension, I get an error message "Unable to enable Location Tracking"

Anyone's had this issues before and know how to fix it?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you search all items in your organization using this query

typekeywords: "Location Tracking Service"

do you see anything returned?

If you do not see any items, then I suggest you open a case with customer support as it may be specific to your organization and will require further debugging.

Jean-SebastienLauzon
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion!

There was an issues that customer support was able to fix after a few days.

We're up and running now.

0 Kudos
RonanHervé
New Contributor II

Hi Jean-Sebastien,

I get the same error message. Do you know how support fixed the problem ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
NaufalIhsan1
New Contributor II

Hi Aaron,

What if the search result is a location tracking hosted feature service owned by an administrator other than myself? Should I delete the item or change the owner (to myself) before enabling the location tracking?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Izzat
by
New Contributor III

hi @Anonymous User ,
I got error when click organization > settings

Unable to find the location tracking service: https://****/****/rest/services/Hosted/location_tracking/FeatureServer

I try to reconfigure location tracking but got same error. I try delete all layer "Location Tracking Service" but  1 layer cannot be delete.

Do you have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
RonanHervé
New Contributor II

Hi @Izzat,

I also had the "ghost" service issue preventing me from enabling the location tracking service. The only solution I found was to delete the service trace in the underlying datastore database with PgAdmin. Please note that this operation is not recommended by ESRI.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you mean the deletion failed? Or that you don't have the option to delete the service in UI - it's intentionally blocked in UI on the item details page.

You should be able to delete it via the REST API or via the Python API wrapper unless there's an issue on the server/db.

0 Kudos
RonanHervé
New Contributor II

The deletion failed even via the REST API or Python API.

We have identified the request that fails while trying to enable the location tracking service :

https://***.com/portal/sharing/rest/portals/self/isServiceNameAvailable?name=location_tracking&type=... 

returns

{"error":{"code":500,"message":"Internal Server Error"}}

So we deleted the item directly from the datastore database, we updated the Portal index and we enabled location tracking successfully.

It seems that the location tracking service no longer existed on the server but was still referenced in the datastore and Portal.

Izzat
by
New Contributor III

Hi @RonanHervé ,

how you delete the item directly from the datastore database? 
Do mind share your step to delete it manually.

0 Kudos